why is ccp's entire website messed up?...

TTI is known for its intellectuals. This is a place for thinkers to gather and exchange quotes, thoughts, or other topics that might not appeal to the average gamer.
Prime

why is ccp's entire website messed up?...

Post by Prime »

So I was eager to logon after 1600 GMT... of course, CCP has some unexpected bug, so down time is extended.

So fine, I was going to read the forums...

er, no go - since ALL roads on ccp's website lead to trinity 1.1 patch intro page...
good job ccp, at a time when 90% of your readers would be active on the forums and reading to catch up on other topics... you remove 99% of your website content by redirecting everything to the trinity 1.1 patch intro page???

:shock:
Case

Re: why is ccp's entire website messed up?...

Post by Case »

I just assumed they didn't want everyone to sit around and complain about 24+ hours of downtime.
Railed

Post by Railed »

They took the website down while installing the Trinity patch. Maybe they are doing website updates (updating the online item data base).
Prime

Post by Prime »

being a beta tester, I'm sure glad I picked a 4 day skill training job...

thats all I have to say :roll:
Railed

Post by Railed »

Now I wish I picked a longer skill to train. :(
Emizzon

Post by Emizzon »

It's always been in the event of a BIG patch/update, CCP will take the website down. And all we see is that "Our blah blah bubble burst blah blah blah" page.

I've concluded that this is due primarily to that fact that the server and the game are run of the same server cluster. And the disablement of the forums and other website features reduces server strain as the new updates are being put in place (they've even done this in extensive hardware upgrades). And for an individual poster/reader this alleviates the "OMG THE GAME IZ THE BROKZORS!" kind of spam posts. We got a lot of those kinds of posts when the Goons took out their SPAMageddon on the forums, was not a fun time to be a forum whore. No indeed it wasn't.

And on a personal note: My Cruiser Missiles lvl 5 has 15 days or so left to train, so I'm good.