'Hello', from a soon-to-be applicant.

TTI is known for its intellectuals. This is a place for thinkers to gather and exchange quotes, thoughts, or other topics that might not appeal to the average gamer.
Dragons Claw

'Hello', from a soon-to-be applicant.

Post by Dragons Claw »

For those who saw 'Angua Forres' inside of the public channel earlier, that was me. 'Dragons Claw' is my main (And if you look her up in game, she's a beautiful one :wink: ).

Where to begin.

I received my first Ayn Rand book on Christmas a long time ago. It was 'We the Living', and is still my favorite novel written by her. The conversation where Kira asks Andrei, "Do you believe in God?", has always stuck out in my mind.

From there, I read 'The Virtue of Selfishness', followed by 'The Fountainhead', then 'Atlas Shrugged'. I've been meaning to pick up 'The Ominous Parallels' by Leonard Peikoff, but always seem to forget about it.

As for my EVE background...

I was originally dragged into EVE by a group of friends. One of them let me use a spare account they had around. And though I've been in EVE for awhile now (DC is '05, AF '06), I don't have much experience. I've done mission running and mining, even a bit of PvP (most of which was blob), but nothing I'd called experience-building. DC is a combat pilot with a dual-spec in Amarr and Gallente, while Angua is just kind of...there. She has the potential for research/building, but she's on the same account as DC, which creates problems while training. At the moment, she's more of a mission runner then anything else.

And that's about all I have to say. See you all in the public channel, and hopefully in the corp chat soon enough.
Oleksandr

Re: 'Hello', from a soon-to-be applicant.

Post by Oleksandr »

Greetings.

That's an usual order of books there. VoS generally doesn't come up until much later.

Good luck with your app.
Ex-CEO of Taggart Transdimensional

"Objectivism is not only true, it is great! Why? Because of the volitional work a mind must have performed to reach for the first time so exalted a level of truth—and because of all the glorious effects such knowledge will have on man’s life, all the possibilities of action it opens up for the future." -- Leonard Peikoff
TRHaz

Re: 'Hello', from a soon-to-be applicant.

Post by TRHaz »

That's an usual order of books there. VoS generally doesn't come up until much later.
Really? My wife and I both read Virtue of Selfness first, the Atlas, and now were working through the rest of her works one by one.
An ounce of perversion is worth a pound of pure.
~ Revised B. Franklin quote