Me

Forum for potential applicants to post introductions. Please post all introductions in this forum.
Flecks

Me

Post by Flecks »

I'm an ol...er mature player. The 1st computer game I played was text based. There was no screen. Interaction was via printout. The game loaded from a tape cassette. The printer chattered and said...

You are at the top of a grassy hill. Obvious exits: North/South
I typed in South.
You are at the bottom of a grassy hill. Obvious exits: North/South
I typed in North.
You are at the top of a grassy hill. Obvious exits: North/South

I was amazed, entranced and hooked.

The 1st online game I played was Magic Realm, a text based Mud that could handle up to 128 people (note the 8 bit #). I eventually was leader of the top gang. I guided rather than ruled.

When Everquest came out a bunch of us began playing in the 1st week, created a guild and had loads of fun. I eventually became guild leader.

Eventually I tired of EQ. The game seemed to favour high end guilds that played and camped 25/8.

I began playing Wow and (you guessed) became a guild leader.

About 2 years ago I discovered Eve. After a week of confusion and a steep learning curve I realized I'd found a game that had the eye candy and format that would test me on a daily basis. After 2 years I still consider myself a 'newbie'. I was high ranked in my last corp. I left not because the corp 'sucked' but because many players took from the few that gave.

I am married, have 2 kids and I'm semi-retired. Real life will often interfere with game play. While I remain logged on I'm often afk unless I've committed time to do corp stuff.

I enjoy dark rum and coke (with lime of course) and use herbs to relieve back pain. I have no problem with the side effects :mrgreen:

I was drawn to this corp for the same reason(s) many of you were. The foundation and approach is in agreement with my own thoughts.

Action: Bows deeply

Flecks
Default Name40

Re: Me

Post by Default Name40 »

Barkeep, one rum and coke. welcome to the forums.
Riprion

Post by Riprion »

What was the name of that game on the cassette? I remember having "Pyramid" on cassette.
Flecks

Post by Flecks »

I keep thinking it was Zork but then again it might have been prior to that game even.