By the way...

TTI is known for its intellectuals. This is a place for thinkers to gather and exchange quotes, thoughts, or other topics that might not appeal to the average gamer.
Alessandra Necova

By the way...

Post by Alessandra Necova »

I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas to everyone. If you don't celebrate it, that's okay too. Just make sure to spend a few minutes and call your family to remind them how important they are to you (even your in laws you can't stand).
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
redhotrebel

Re: By the way...

Post by redhotrebel »

Why would someone sacrifice their time to speak to someone they don't like? I know your post is a tad old, but it seems incongruent. Who exactly benefits from the "gift" of your phone call? And if you didn't want to call them in the first place how exactly would that conversation go? Seems like you should reconsider the altruistic need to make others happy at the expense of yourself imho.
"If you pay people not to work and tax them when they do, don't be surprised if you get unemployment." ~ Milton Friedman
Alessandra Necova

Post by Alessandra Necova »

As someone who does not celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense (I'm agnostic), I still feel that its a good idea at least once a year to reach out to those that you don't speak with as much as you should. Assuming the worst, that person A and B have not talked as a result of X, the fact remains, time heals wounds. If person A at least attempts to make amends by reaching out with a simple phone call, there's hardly anything that can make matters between them worse. If they don't pick up, or don't want to talk, fine *shrug* it happens.

However, I'd be much more inclined to believe that people would be open to make amends, or at least attempt to be civil while society pushes for everyone to be festive and forgiving. I hardly see any harm that could result from a phone call, and again, I am assuming the worst of conditions. But if you choose not to call friends and family, that's your business, and it was a suggestion, nothing more.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Lucius Arcturus

Post by Lucius Arcturus »

Alessandra Necova wrote:As someone who does not celebrate Christmas in the traditional sense (I'm agnostic), I still feel that its a good idea at least once a year to reach out to those that you don't speak with as much as you should. Assuming the worst, that person A and B have not talked as a result of X, the fact remains, time heals wounds. If person A at least attempts to make amends by reaching out with a simple phone call, there's hardly anything that can make matters between them worse. If they don't pick up, or don't want to talk, fine *shrug* it happens.

However, I'd be much more inclined to believe that people would be open to make amends, or at least attempt to be civil while society pushes for everyone to be festive and forgiving. I hardly see any harm that could result from a phone call, and again, I am assuming the worst of conditions. But if you choose not to call friends and family, that's your business, and it was a suggestion, nothing more.
Lol she's trolling you bud