Recommended books..

TTI is known for its intellectuals. This is a place for thinkers to gather and exchange quotes, thoughts, or other topics that might not appeal to the average gamer.
Spreadable Love

Recommended books..

Post by Spreadable Love »

I've been trawling through the forums while waiting for the news in regards to my application, and though there is one "recommended books" thread, it's rather outdated (~1 year) and the author doesn't request any specific book.. I hope that fact ensures my thread won't be considered a duplicate! :)

Hopefully some of you guys (and girls) can suggest some introductory reading to Ayn Rand and Objectivism, as I have no familiarity with either outside some Wikipedia articles and this site. From what I've read, I think my foray into Objectivism (and hopefully wormholes, on that note) shall be an interesting one.

Thanks guys!
Redslay
Taggart Director

Re: Recommended books..

Post by Redslay »

I recommend "virtue of selfishness" and "capitalism: the unknown ideal" as two non-fiction books that do a very good job of explaining objectivism. VOS would be the first read.
Redslay
Some guy,Taggart Transdimensional
Cody Michaels

Re: Recommended books..

Post by Cody Michaels »

I highly recommend reading Atlas Shrugged. Besides being a great novel, it will give you a broad overview and make you start thinking about Objectivist ideas. Then approach the non-fiction. The important ones to read would be Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology, Virtue of Selfishness, and Capitalism: An Unknown Ideal.
The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours... Fight for the value of your person. Fight for the virtue of your pride. Fight for the essence, which is man, for his sovereign rational mind.
Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand