Where did you hear about us?

TTI is known for its intellectuals. This is a place for thinkers to gather and exchange quotes, thoughts, or other topics that might not appeal to the average gamer.

Where did you hear about Taggart?

myEve Corporate Forum
3%
EVE-I.com Forum
3%
Word-of-mouth
10%
Taggart Signature
3%
In-Game Recruitment
51%
7%
Elsewhere
23%

Total votes: 235

dough

Where did you hear about us?

Post by dough »

Where did you hear about TTI?
If it moves, shoot it;
If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway - it might move later.
Raaz Satik
Taggart Director

Post by Raaz Satik »

A friend and I both quit EQ at the same time and started playing EVE. He found the TTI corp and mentioned it to me. 2 days later he quit EVE so here I am all alone.
Elithiomel

Post by Elithiomel »

This one is just for historical comparison :)

I initially came across TTI on the pre-beta EVE website.

I did not start looking for a corp to join until after I got into the beta.
I spent about a week researching all the major corps in EVE a few weeks after I started beta testing and ended up with a short list of TTI and HDY as the only two corps without a military heirarchical structure. Both professed similar ideals although HDY was a more rigidly structured corp that TTI.
At the end of the day I was more impressed by the presentation of TTI as a corp.
Engineers Motto: If it doesn't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
Jeffor

Post by Jeffor »

Came across EVE in the old EnB beta, when I got into the EVE beta I spotted a post on the beta forums where Ragnar svore to buy up all (or was it every blueprint) he saw on ebay. Went to look what the http://www.taggatttransdiemsnional.com link was for, and fell in love with the site (old site that is... sorry guys :) ) and instantly thought "hell yeah I want to be a part of this!"
Andian

Post by Andian »

Heh, I saw a small mention of Eve in a gaming mag. I went to the eve site- intrigued - and started making a few IC posts in the forums. Right abou then the Endless war with TTI was gearing up to full swing and I tried a few posts as a kind of devils advocate. Unfortunately HellGremlin reeeally pissed me off (He was just impossible) and I saw that to gain a better grasp of the whole Eve environment I would need to get in with the movers and shakers. I was approached by a couple of Corporations, but my own interest was piqued by TTI. I trawled through the glorious blue and white pages, read up on their beliefs and goals and I just knew the people in it were worthy of my membership. *Cough*

Loved every second of it. :D
Seneca Grosvenor

Post by Seneca Grosvenor »

I was surfing for technical info, since I am new in Eve. Some site too mediocre to vindicate remembering its name read, that the info provided was originally from TTI, which "was so nice to share its knowledge base". I thought, "nice" sounds promising and started to dig. I never found the origins they were talking about, but I did find TTI's website. Wow! Awesome! Poomba! On a scale from 1 to 10 this is a 12.

In case you wonder: "Who in all creation is this guy?" My introduction is marooned on the old server, and my application is pending. 8)
Adelon_Cypher

Post by Adelon_Cypher »

I was playing EVE before the Venal Wars, while Venal was in a "relatively stable period" and was slowly going to hell (a month or two after the official release of EVE-Online). A lot of the news coming from that region mentioned TTi.
"The only way humanity can defeat Infinity, is for humanity to become Infinity."
Golda

Post by Golda »

I first read about Taggart in the Primus EVE Online Strategy Guide.
Shazam0

Post by Shazam0 »

RL friend was in tti, months before i picked the game up.
GL, HF, KA, DD!
lostchylde

Post by lostchylde »

muhahhahahhahah.

in pre beta days my corp was at war with TTI. it was mainly a war of rhetoric. when i came to my senses and saw what a jerk hell gremlin was, and how messed up Endless corp really was, i jumped ship and joined the enemy, TTI.

lc

"This SPACE intentionally left BLANK" Zork
Havoc3D

heard about it

Post by Havoc3D »

i just asked around for a good corporation in newbie help, got a few replies of TTI, then saw there was a base at the School of Science and Technology (think that's what it's called) so i checked it out there, where i found the site 8o)
Stravege

Eve-I

Post by Stravege »

I was reading the what corp to join guide on Eve-I and saw TTI listed as the capitalist example. I thought, "that sounds about right", and checked out the web-site. Wow. After reading your corporate philosophy I want in. However, regardless of wether or not I pass muster, you folks have the best setup for a player organization I've ever seen, regardless of game or platform.
Cashel Kinnane

Post by Cashel Kinnane »

EVE VAULT (the IGN website). They have a number of newbie guides written for (or originally displayed on) this website. I thought I might be able to find even more here, and the rest is history. :)

If you can count your money, you don't have enough.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

Where's the "Ragnar personally invited me!" option? :P
dough

Post by dough »

That would be "Word of Mouth".
If it moves, shoot it;
If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway - it might move later.
Dead Meat

Post by Dead Meat »

"All the World's a stage and all the men and women merely players,
they have their exits and their entrances and one man in his life plays
many parts, his act being seven stages... " - William Shakespeare
DagnyTaggart

Post by DagnyTaggart »

eve-i forums. was browsing through recruitment pages and way back on page 9 i found much more than i expected.
Nalvasa

Post by Nalvasa »

Prima's Eve Online Strategy Guide

This is what made me decide to join up. If you guys are good enough to be listed in a guide then you were worth me checking out. The website clenched it. My first in game look at you was through Shazam though. He hooked me up with a mining haul job for you guys and then I remembered I had seen your name in my manual.
Nalvasa
The Snowman

Post by The Snowman »

Nalvasa wrote:Prima's Eve Online Strategy Guide
Good. I was beginning to think I was alone here.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

Funny enough 98% of the people who applied to us because of that got rejected because, well, they sucked. Congrats on being the lucky few to have made it.

Most of the other companies listed in there, beside RUS and one other I don't remember, should never have been in there. I have no idea how they made the cut.
Emizzon

Post by Emizzon »

Golda wrote:I first read about Taggart in the Primus EVE Online Strategy Guide.
Same here... well I got the Prima guide >_>;;
Oleksandr

Post by Oleksandr »

I got an info from another forum, where a member from here post it there.

http://forum.objectivismonline.net/inde ... c=7343&hl=
Ex-CEO of Taggart Transdimensional

"Objectivism is not only true, it is great! Why? Because of the volitional work a mind must have performed to reach for the first time so exalted a level of truth—and because of all the glorious effects such knowledge will have on man’s life, all the possibilities of action it opens up for the future." -- Leonard Peikoff
Dead Meat

Post by Dead Meat »

Welcome to the forums.
"All the World's a stage and all the men and women merely players,
they have their exits and their entrances and one man in his life plays
many parts, his act being seven stages... " - William Shakespeare
Kijanti

A succinct post in the recruitment channel...

Post by Kijanti »

I posted:

"New player to eve. Day 3 of trial. Good chance I’ll sign on full time. 42 yrs old. GMT -10, Vent and teamspeak. Veteran of many mmo’s. interested in manuf and invention. Not really into combat, but I don’t mind a little. Interested in playing a support role. I like to prospect for and gather resources, and make things that are useful to me, my teammates and others. Please convo me if I sound like a good match for your corp."

I got ONE response (quality is usually better than quantity). That was from Petter Sandstad. We are still conversing while I follow the suggested "application path". Currently on "step 2", reading the forums.

So far, this is just the kind of group im looking for. Throrough screening is a must to build a good membership.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Airiek

Post by Airiek »

Good luck on joining. I also got recruited by posting on the recruitment eve forums, it was my first response on that thread, and I believe it was from Olek, but maybe it was Petter. Went through the application process and got accepted. Good corp for indy people though I myself am combat, am training an alt account for indy/mining, and trying to improve my main a bit in that field.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he must