Introducing Tristan Voorhees

Forum for potential applicants to post introductions. Please post all introductions in this forum.
Tristan Voorhees

Introducing Tristan Voorhees

Post by Tristan Voorhees »

Hello Prospective Corporation Members,

THIS is the EVE corporation I've been looking for! Here's a brief introduction as to who and what I am:

My EVE Self:
I've played EVE off and on since it first came out way back when. It's a game that's always intrigued me and I find it fascinating - such depth and complexity I've never seen elsewhere in a "game." While I enjoy all aspects of EVE, I've tended toward commodity trading and various forms of arbitrage. I'd love to get more involved in fighting, especially PVP. Nothing is more exciting than gang vs gang fight in EVE - because you can't just hit the reset button. The winners win, and the losers lose. I currently have over 9m SP and a net worth of around 220-250m ISK. I can fly Battleships and am fairly well trained in combat skills. I've got an industrial hauler with 38k m3. Most embarrassing moment was losing the Rokh I had so long saved for, within 1 hour of purchasing it. Didn't realize I entered low sec. I still get teary when I think about it. More generally, I'm very flexible and love working in teams. Even mining can be fun when you're in good company =)

My Real Self:
I'm a 26 yr old writer and marketing guy. After college I spent two years living in Dubai (tax free!!) working in marketing for a real estate agency and have since returned to the US, very recently moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project. I have a beautiful girlfriend of 5 years who thinks its nerdy when I play EVE but she thinks the stars are pretty =) One would be correct in labeling me an extreme libertarian and objectivist. Relevant to this group: I've read Atlas Shrugged, Fountainhead, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, and Anthem. I have a signed vinyl record of a speech given by Rand some years ago... it's worth quite a bit of ISK. I write often on political economics and, long term, my goal is to help New Hampshire secede from the United States.

When I saw Taggart Transdimensional, I clicked on it. 'nuff said?
Default Name40

Re: Introducing Tristan Voorhees

Post by Default Name40 »

Welcome to the forums. At least you didn't lose billions sitting outside Jita 4-4 in a Kestral filled with plex.